Monday, November 12, 2012

Starting Over

Untitled


I've decided that I need to start over. I felt as though I blog and blog name were disjointed, it seemed as though the title didn't match the post content! I decided to take this blog into a more personal direction, as I tend to post my personal photos, art, recipes, fashion and more. I hope that you will stick with me on this journey through change, and that perhaps more of you will join.

You may have noticed that I also changed my etsy shop: GoodnightOwlArt
I am honestly at the point of deciding if my shop is worth keeping or not. Sales are slower than I would like, and I am lost for how to stand out in a market so over saturated (art and illustration). I feel in part that I simply do not have the time to spend learning how to better my shop, however I have spent many hours trying to make it work for me. 

While reading this blog series, I have started to question: is my product the problem, or is it my marketing? I am trying to figure all of that out. If you have any advice or commentary on this matter please share.

5 comments:

  1. I"m asking the same questions. :/
    Is Kaw Studios going to still be used for anything else? I feel Hello Kaili definitely fits your blog better since it's such a mix of...well...your life. Photography, all your projects, recipes, etc. and it's so sweet and happy, it needs a nice happy name too :) Not that kaw! Studios isn't cute or anything as is but...you probably know what I mean.

    I'm in the middle of a similar crisis involving names and I'm not even doing as much as you with blogging and marketing my art! Hopefully we can work it out, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its all about keeping true to yourself and doing what you think is best....

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/prettylittletitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new look and I think the change is suiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Edi that the change is fitting. Many artists use their blogs to share personal information, which customers often like. Hopefully this change will be an asset for your business. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new look of your blog!
    I don't know the answers for which you seek. I wish I did.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...