The other night I was craving mac n' cheese, and so I went ahead and made this up. I think it's pretty good - especially since it was an experiment! I love a little bit of spice, and so I have added some nice spicy herbs to this recipe. Feel free to adjust as you like.
- whole wheat pasta
- daiya cheddar (dairy-free) cheese
- arugula - finely chopped
- almond milk
- vegan margarine
- nutritional yeast
- optional spices: black pepper, red pepper & oregano
- Prepare your pasta in a pot of boiling water, once done - set aside in a strainer but reduce the heat to low.
- Add in a tablespoon of margarine and your spices.
- Once the margarine is melted (it happens very quickly), add the arugula, daiya cheese, and a tablespoon or two of almond milk (add just as much as you need to blend smoothly) along with a few generous tablespoons of nutritional yeast.
- Add your hot pasta over top, and mix everything on low heat until the cheese has melted.
And voila! You are done. This recipe takes under 20 minutes to make, and came out soo delicious - I will certainly be making it again! If you decide to try it, please post below :)