Thursday, December 27, 2012

Instagram Roundup

 
1. Light Clouds
2. Beautiful Day | 3. Dramatic Clouds
4. Swampy land | 5. Clear skies
6. Power lines and clouds
7. Grey skies & Pink Flowers | 8. Mossy Tree
9. Good, gnarled tree | 10. Sunshine and Clouds

I've recently found that I really enjoy capturing the sky and clouds throughout the day. In South Florida we are fortunate enough to have a lot of gorgeous weather, and flat enough land to see everything clearly. There are a lot of things about South Florida that I have come to love over the years - although growing up I hated living here.

I think that as I mature, there is an appreciation that grows for this place - a recognition that it is made me who I am. And that it really is beautiful, underneath the things that make it seem ugly and unwelcoming. It feels like a part of growing up to recognize these things.

How do you feel about the place where you grew up?

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful photography! I love the lone bird on the power lines. Most of my Florida experience is in north Florida but it's definitely a beautiful state! I grew up in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and absolutely love it -- wish I were still there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sky/cloud shots are so inspired! Beautiful compositions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fascinated by the sky and clouds as well. love your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...